I love fish and I, like the majority of the population, probably don’t eat enough of it. Even though its so easy! This is one of my favourite combos because it honestly only takes 20 minutes to cook, prep and serve up! We need to eat at least two portions of fish per week as it contains healthy fats that we need to keep our skin, hair and nails looking shiny. Fish is a great source of Omega-3, nowadays we have a huge deficiency in Omega-3 fatty acids to our Omega-6 count and this can cause health problems. The best way to ensure you’re getting enough Omega-3 & a nutritious fish is to buy organic wild and not farmed. Sweet potato is a great substitute for white potatoes. It is considered a ‘good’ carb and also paleo because it releases energy into the body slowly & keeps you feeling full for longer.
You will need:
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 portion of salmon
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas (frozen veg is great for quick meals, it has even been proven to sustain almost all of its vitamins and nutrients if freshly frozen)
- 1 tbsp Pesto sauce (I like the habañero that is a bit spicy for some extra kick)
- Small knob of butter (for mash- optional)
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to season
- Pre-heat the oven to 190* C
- Place the fish skin side down onto an oven dish an cover with 1 tbsp pesto sauce.
- When the oven hot, put fish in to cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile peel the sweet potato and cut into small pieces.
- Add the sweet potato and peas into a pot and season, then steam for around 15 minutes.
- Just before the fish is done, take out the sweet potato & mash it adding a small nob of butter for flavour (optional)
- Serve fish, mash & peas onto a plate & VOILA!
One of the easiest, healthiest dishes you could try!
Love Jess xox