Pumpkin, Carrot, Ginger & Coconut Soup….one of my autumn favourites <3
It is also one of the easiest soups ever!
Prep time: 10 mins …Cooking time:30 mins…
- 750g pumpkin diced
- 4 or 5 medium carrots diced
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 medium diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh ground ginger
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp Olive oil or Coconut oil
- boiling water to soften vegetables.
- salt & pepper to season
- 1/2 can of coconut milk
So here we go:
- Peel the carrots & Pumpkin, dice, then put them into a large saucepan on medium heat (simmer) until a knife easily pierces them. This will take about 20 minutes.
- While that is cooking, in another saucepan add the diced onion, crushed garlic and ground ginger on a medium heat, saute for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the curry powder, cumin and paprika and saute for another minute.
- In order to combine all the flavours add the vegetable stock & stir for another five minutes.
- Strain the pumpkin and carrot & add into a mixing bowl with the stock sauce.
- You can now use a food processor or a mixing wand to whizz it all up.
- Nearly there!… now for the final touch, add half a can of coconut milk into the soup, season with salt and pepper and VOILA …..you’ve made the best pumpkin, carrot, ginger and coconut soup you will ever eat 😉 ENJOY!
Love Jess xox