* GRAIN FREE * SUGAR FREE * DAIRY FREE *
So this week I had my first christmas party. I feel so festive this year, normally I’m a bit of a scrooge but I’m all in the Christmas mood! So I offered to make something food wise for the party.
I love banana bread, its really easy to make as you may have seen with the Paleo Chocolate Banana Bread I posted earlier on in the week. This banana bread was slightly different, less dense and quite moist which is always great with spongey cakes.
I wasn’t quite sure how it would go down, being ‘healthy’ and all that. People are often very stuck in their ways and as soon as the word Paleo is mentioned they are ready to reject the idea without even trying. It probably didn’t help that I wasn’t even sure how it would taste! haha
However, it went down really well, with most people asking for the recipe! So make sure you try it out!
4 ripe bananas
1 tsp Vanilla extract
3 tbsp agave honey
1/4 Cup melted coconut oil
2 1/2 Cup Almond flour (ground almonds)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
100g – 125g blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 175C degrees.
- Mash the bananas with a fork. (I usually use a potato masher because its 10x quicker).
- Mix the bananas with the honey, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl.
- Mix in the ground almonds, cinnamon and baking powder, I usually use an electric whisk.
- Then pour in the blueberries and fold into the mixture.
- Line your bread tin with baking paper & pour in the mix.
- Put into the preheated oven for around 55 minutes until lovely golden brown.
Voila! ….Enjoy and let me know what you think!