Apologies for the delayed post about this, I took some pictures and they somehow got deleted and it was a nightmare trying to get them back.
Anywho, Hello Fresh were kind enough to let me try out one of their food boxes. I didn’t know what to expect because I am quite fussy with food in some respects. The concept is you chose, or they send you a selection of meals. There is the normal food box, a vegetable box and tryout box. I got a potato and zucchini quiche, a yummy steak ragout with rice and lamb kebobs and a bulgur like side.
What I loved:
- They deliver the food straight to your door.
- You can choose which meals you’d like, if you have a preference.
- They do a box for 2 people and for 4 people. Seeing as I am a single person household, I was able to cook off one meal and eat two portions so saving even more money.
- The recipes are super easy to understand, and take no more than 30 minutes.
- They have an app to be able to easily order the food on the go.
- There is no waste because they give you exactly the portions you need for those meals only.
- It takes the difficulty away of deciding what to buy, how to cook it, how much you need etc.
- The food is all fresh, good quality and its REAL food, nothing with additives or rubbish.
- Even those people who cant cook, can make these meals taste amazing, and you learn while you make the foods.
- The meals tasted AMAZING.
What I didn’t like:
- Coming from a Personal Trainer perspective I like to eat a certain amount of protein, carbs and fats per day. I enjoyed the meals, they tasted amazing, but for anyone trying to stick to certain macros, I obviously didn’t find the correct amounts for me. However if you are a snacker, or you don’t eat ‘proper’ meals, this would probably encourage you to eat healthier.
Other than that, I think there isn’t anything I would say I didn’t like. It made cooking a lot more fun and spruced up my menu for that week. I would say that that is a pretty good turn out 10 plus sides vs 1 negative side.
Another plus is that they also make meals adapted for the Thermo-Mix, I recently got one and I think its perfect to make you food making even easier! I didn’t think that would even be possible, but now it is!
I would definitely try it as I also got you all a discount code which you can give in at the end of your shop
All caps and no space in between the words. Check it out here.
Other than that! Enjoy your meals, make good choices and let me know if you enjoy it too!