I love parsnips!
Especially roasted in the oven for my Sunday lunch, however I have never had Parsnip soup – until today! It’s actually really hard to get parsnips over here in Munich so when I saw some at the organic store, I had to take some! So when I got home I wondered what to do with them. It’s autumn, it’s cold, we want comfort food, so what other to make than a good ol’ parsnip soup. I found the recipe online, and sadly it had potatoes in it. I was tempted to change the recipe to sweet potatoes to make it paleo, however I never treat myself to potatoes so I decided i’ll adapt to paleo next time (sorry not sorry). This is another one that is ready in less than 30 minutes! Easy peasy lemon squeezy. This one is also vegan & vegetarian friendly!
- 400g Parsnips
- 150g Potatoes
- 1 litre Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1 large onion
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 6 tbsp Coconut Milk
- 1 fresh chilli (for that added kick & defence against winter colds)
- 1 tbsp Curry powder
This is how we do:
- Chop the garlic & onion into small pieces.
- Heat the coconut oil and add the onion & garlic, cook for around 5 minutes on a medium heat without colouring.
- Add the curry powder, stock & chilli, bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile peal and chop the parsnips and potatoes & add into the pot.
- Stir in the coconut milk.
- Simmer & keep on the heat until parsnips and potatoes can easily be pierced with a knife.
- Purée with an immersion blender or food processor.
Voila! …..I really enjoyed this soup, I’m becoming a huge soup fan if you hadn’t already noticed. If you like it thicker, add less stock and vice versa. Can’t wait to try it with sweet potato, I’ll let you know how it turns out!
What is your favourite soup recipe this season?
Love Jess xox