So this is one of my favourite dishes at the moment! Simply because it is sooooo easy to make! I usually serve it with brown rice.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 400 grams chicken breast diced
- 1 small lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 chilli
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 pinch of salt (to taste)
- 1 handful fresh coriander (chopped to serve)
1. Mix all the herbs (except the garam masala) and lemon in with the chicken.
2. Brown the onions in a deep pan, then add the chicken and lightly cook until brown.
3. Add the coconut milk, broccoli & chopped carrots and broil for 20 minutes.
4. 5 minutes before end add the garam masala and mix well.
And VOILA ….A healthy, super easy, dairy free meal. Preparation is everything! This is a super cool dish to eat when you haven’t been shopping. Some rice from the cupboard, chicken from the freezer and any left over veg in the fridge! Let me know what you think of it!
Picture to come soon!!