Baked Eggs in Avocado – Two of my most favourite things!
I loved this breakfast idea because it takes two minutes, then you can pop it in the oven & finish getting ready for the day & sit down to a yummy filling & nutritious breakfast in no time! Eggs are a good source of protein while the avocado is a great source of good fats. You need these monounsaturated fats in order to keep you feeling satisfied, to get your skin glowing and because it tastes bloody good!
You will need:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 free range eggs
- salt & pepper to season
- (optional) chopped chives….they go really well with the egg & add some more nutrition.
- Preheat the oven to 210 Celsius
- Halve the avocado and deseed.
- Take about another 2 tbsp of avocado flesh out of each side.
- Be careful take your time as this bit is trickier than you think! – Take an egg and crack into the newly made space inside the avocado.
- Repeat then for the other side of the avocado.
- Then place into the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes at 210 Celsius, be careful not to burn yourself!
- Make sure all the egg white is completely through & season with salt and pepper.
- I usually add some paprika, kiwi, ham or oranges to this breakfast …for those extra vitamins, of course optional.
Voila! Super yummy, super healthy in no time! If there is more than just one of you in the morning, it doesn’t take two seconds longer to double the recipe and surprise someone with a delicious breakfast. – You’ll even gain some brownie points 😉
Enjoy! Leave a comment and let me know if you liked it, or if you improved the recipe in any way ….i’m always curious as to what you guys enjoy 😀
Love Jess xox (the baked eggs in avocado lover)